To all of you that do CARE about the environment:
We are passing through really hard times but here you have 5 good news to help you get through your monday mood!
41 NEW MPAs!
1. UK is Now Safeguarding Ocean Territory Twice the Size of England Thanks to Massive New Protections!
The 41 new protected areas range from the coast of Northumberland, designated to protect eider ducks, to the seas south of the Isles of Scilly, which supports seabirds, fish and basking sharks.
Other species that could benefit from the new wave of protection include the rare stalked jellyfish, short-snouted seahorse and blue mussel beds.
2. 7 MILES OF HABITAT FOR BEES WILL BE PLANTED IN LONDON
The borough recently announced plans to connect 22 “urban meadows” together to create the corridor in an effort to encourage growth of the London bee population after a recent study revealed a large drop in the UK’s bee population since the 1980s.
3. (CNN) -Food containers made of Styrofoam, also known as polystyrene, will be officially banned from businesses in Maine after governor Janet Mills signed a bill into law Tuesday.
The law, which will go into effect January 1, 2021, prohibits restaurants, caterers, coffee shops and grocery stores from using the to-go foam containers because they cannot be recycled in Maine.
Maine has become the first state to take such a step as debate about banning plastic bags or other disposable products is spreading across the US.
CLOSED ROADS IN EDINBURGH
4. Roads in the centre of Edinburgh were closed to traffic for the first time on Sunday as the city joined the Open Streets movement to reduce air pollution.
The City of Edinburgh council said it was the first city in the UK to join the Open Streets movement and would be closing roads to traffic on the first Sunday of every month.
NO MORE WATER BOTTLES at the
5. Thousands of edible water bottles were handed out at the London Marathon 2019 in a bid to reduce plastic waste.
The aftermath of the marathon is usually a sea of plastic waste as thirsty runners attempt to stay hydrated by drinking from then discarding bottles of water as they go.
Bu for the 2019 London Marathon, organizers arranged for participants to be handed edible pods made of seaweed extracts as they tackled the gruelling 26.2-mile route.
We hope those good news enriched you with good energy to continue our fight against plastic!
For a better world , a healthier you and for your sons’ future.